How to preserve a slider setting between notebook sessions?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89674] How to preserve a slider setting between notebook sessions?
  • From: Hannes Kessler <HannesKessler at hushmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:39:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

meanwhile, I found a rather simple solution to my previous post:

DynamicModule[{t3},  Dynamic  @  {Slider[Dynamic[t3]], Dynamic[t4 = t3]}]

The slider position is preserved between notebook sessions due its
connection with the local dynamic variable t3,
and t4 can be referenced as global dynamic variable in the notebook.

Best regards,
Hannes Kessler