Re: WorldPlot and excel data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89804] Re: WorldPlot and excel data
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at arcor.net>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 05:29:12 -0400 (EDT)

DBK wrote:
> This should be simple but I'm stumped. I am just trying to read in
> country names (column 5) and associated colors (column 5). The color
> column is just a single column of Black, Black, White, Red etc. Below
> is my code and the error it generates. Any ideas what I am doing
> wrong?

Since I don't know what your file looks like it is just speculating, but
I the first thing that comes to mind is that you are importing your
colors as strings, that is "Black", "White" ..., unfortunatly you don't
see the "" with the default output format. Use ToExpression on these
Strings to get the actual colors.

hth,

albert