strange behaviour of background color in Panel[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89862] strange behaviour of background color in Panel[]
  • From: Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:46:50 -0400 (EDT)

On two machines I'm running Mathematica on the panel resulting from
the Panel[] function will have different backgrounds. One will have a
grey background, on the other it is white. Both are running XP,  but I
haven't upgraded the grey one to 6.0.3. yet. The one with a grey
background is a desktop PC with my main license, the white one a
laptop with my home license.

I can set the panel's background to a given color by using Panel[a,
Background -> Green]. Strange thing: the option Background is colored
red, as an indication it is not a legal option for panel. It
nevertheless works.

Any clues?