Solving a Sum

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg89875] Solving a Sum
  • From: Igor <pischek at>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 02:49:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All!

I just started using mathematica for university and encounter the following issue which I am not able to figure out myself.

I have to equations:

I would like to solve these equations for c_t but get the following error message when using the Solve command as follows:

Solve[{eq1, eq2}, Subscript[c, t]]

Solve::tdep: The equations appear to involve the variables to be solved for in an essentially non-algebraic way. >>

How can I solve this problem?

Thanks a lot!