Re: Happy Birthday Mathematica!

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg89964] Re: Happy Birthday Mathematica!
  • From: "Steve Luttrell" <steve at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:28:06 -0400 (EDT)

With a little bit of poetic license, I started with Mathematica version  0
(i.e. SMP, which was Mathematica's immediate predecessor, created by Stephen
Wolfram et al - see, which ran on a
Vax 11/780 as I recall, because that was the only computer in the group
where I was doing my PhD around 1980.

Stephen Luttrell
West Malvern, UK

news:g3nh81$dl$1 at