[Combinatorica] Problem in the EdgeConnectivity function ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89981] [Combinatorica] Problem in the EdgeConnectivity function ?
  • From: ToF <christophe.lucarz at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:31:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I'm using Combinatorica and I found a little problem. My aim is to
find the minimal cut for a given graph. Thus, I used the
EdgeConnectivity function. I tried the following:

EdgeConnectivity[graph]
ConnectedQ[graph]

and the results are:

0
True

How this is possible ? Because the EdgeConnectivity function gives the
minimum number of edges whose deletion from graph g disconnects it. If
the EdgeConnectivity function returns "0", it means that 0 edge is
necessary to disconnect the graph, thus the graph must be
disconnected. But when I tried ConnectedQ (it yields True if
undirected graph g is connected. If g is directed, the function
returns True if the underlying undirected graph is connected), it
gives True, meaning that the graph is connected...

Is it a real problem or did I miss sth ?
Thanks
Christophe