Re: Speech synthesis in Mathematica 6

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89946] Re: Speech synthesis in Mathematica 6
  • From: ragfield <ragfield at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 06:24:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 24, 2:30 am, ragfield <ragfi... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 1:53 am, magma <mader... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anybody know how to make Mathematica use other (third party maybe) =
voices
> > present in the OS?
>
> There is no way to do this in Mathematica 6.0.

I should clarify.  There is no way to do this directly in Mathematica
6.0.  Mathematica 6.0 will always use the default system voice.  You
can change the default voice for your system and Mathematica should
pick that up (possibly after quitting).  On Mac this setting is in
System Preferences > Speech > Text to Speech > System Voice.  The
setting is in the Control Panel > Speech on Windows XP or Control
Panel > Text to Speech on Windows Vista.

-Rob