Re: Export PDF plot or Save Selection As -- big troubles with

In article <g3vl08$kjh$1 at smc.vnet.net>, lehin.p at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
> It is known that Adobe Illustrator has some troubles with importing
> PDF files even if they are created by Adobe Distiller. As I know the
> universal way for importing PDF in Illustrator does not exist at all!
> There is the only universal way to import EMF vector graphics into
> Illustrator that I have found after many hours of tries. It is really
>
> . . . . . .
>
> If anyone know a way to convert PDF-file produced by Mathematica into
> EMF or AI or CDR or other interchangeable vector format it will be
> VERY MUCH appreciated if you will share you knowledge...

I thought I had read somewhere, some time back, that PDF is now, in
recent versions of Illustrator, _the_ standard format for Illustrator,
and for working across all Adobe products; and in fact, here's a direct
quote from the Help in Illustrator CS 11:

"Adobe Illustrator has used Adobe PDF (Portable Document Format) as its
native file format for several versions . . . "

As stated in my original post, I don't know if the problem with opening
certain Mathematica-exported figures in Illustrator is a WRI bug in
writing the PDF file or an Adobe bug in reading it . . . but if I had to
bet on this, my money would be on a WRI bug.