Re: NDSolve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86146] Re: NDSolve
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:41:38 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

a) we are not clairvoyants and it is rather hard to imagine what
    you wish to do without an example
b) if there is a "sudden changes in the slope" the step size control
    will reduce the step size dramatical and monitoring the step size
    is a good indicator for a "sudden changes in the slope"
c) the case that "mean that Mathematica took the wrong root of a complex
number" mean in many cases the the right hand side of your ODE's
   are not Lipshitz continuous and that there exist no solution
   at all

Regards
   Jens