differential equation problem with Weierstrass elliptic function
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86298] differential equation problem with Weierstrass elliptic function
- From: Roman <rschmied at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 02:34:18 -0500 (EST)
I am trying to solve the following differential equation:
DSolve[y''[x] == -y[x]^2 Cos[x], y[x], x]
Mathematica 6.0 for Linux x86 (64-bit) gives me a solution involving
the WeierstrassP function. It is easy to check that the given solution
is wrong (just substitute back into the differential equation and plot
for some random coefficients C and C).
(1) Can you help me solve this equation?
(2) Is this a bug in Mathematica?
Prev by Date:
Increase length of arrows in vectorfieldplot3d
Next by Date:
Re: on Export and AnimationRepetitions
Previous by thread:
RE: Increase length of arrows in vectorfieldplot3d
Next by thread:
Methods for plotting