A question regarding a hyperbolic geometric function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86396] A question regarding a hyperbolic geometric function
  • From: "Ali K. Ozdagli" <ozdagli at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 02:04:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am working with Mathematica in order to solve an ordinary
differential equation with several boundary conditions. It turned out
that the solution is Kummer confluent hypergeometric function,
HyperGeometric1F1[a,b,x]. My problem is that for the values of a, b
and x I am interested in, e.g. a=-26.9, b=-20.1, x=300000, the
numerical accuracy of Mathematica is very poor.

Can somebody suggest me a way to improve the mathematical accuracy of
HyperGeometric1F1? I prefer a quick and easy way but also appreciate
any hard way.

Best,

Ali

--