Re: FullSimplify interpretation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg86505] Re: FullSimplify interpretation
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:28:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi Brian,

what you see is a piecewise function, indicated by the lonely left

brace. The first part means: if:c Mg (rg+rp)+rg (-c Mg+rg+rp)>=0  then

the function value is -1 and otherwise the next epression.

However, why you get the same function for c Mg (rg+rp)+rg (-c

Mg+rg+rp)>=0 and c Mg (rg+rp)+rg (-c Mg+rg+rp)<0 and why this is not

simplified I can not tell.

hope this helps, Daniel