Accessing and using built-in constants in Mathematica 6 / precision

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86502] Accessing and using built-in constants in Mathematica 6 / precision
  • From: ratullochjk2 at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:28:22 -0500 (EST)

Accessing and using built-in constants in Mathematica 6 / precision
tia
sal2

Greetings all

Sorry if this is a repeat post my last post didn't show up in the
newsgroups

I can access the constants for the elements with no problem
Example:
In[1]:= ElementData["C", "AtomicWeight"]
Out[2]:= 12.0107

1) I'm trying to use the built in constants for
speed of light, Plank's constant, etc.. but I'm having problems
finding them / the proper syntax.

2) Also How do I increase the amount of the decimal places?
Example:
elementatomicW := ElementData["C", "AtomicWeight"]
<< Units`
Convert[elementatomicW AMU, Kilogram]
The answer is 1.99443*10^-26 Kilogram

I add N like it says but the answer still comes out the same
Example:
<< Units`
N[Convert[elementatomicW AMU, Kilogram], 20]

tia sal2