Re: V.6.0.2 gripes...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86551] Re: V.6.0.2 gripes...
  • From: Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:35:52 -0500 (EST)

It might be that it is more Java related than Mathematica related. My
6.0.1 installation on my office desktop usually starts with a Java
time-out message; starting the help centre takes a huge amount of time
and causes all fans in my machine to run at maximum speed. This
behavior started a couple of months ago, so I guess an update in the
Java VM machine must have caused it, since I didn't change anything in
Mathematica (I've also heard rumours of McAFee being involved).
Usually, a restart (or two) of Mathematica overcomes the problems. On
my home PCs  there  doesn't seem to be a problem (either 6.01. or
6.02).

Naz