Re: V.6.0.2 gripes...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86551] Re: V.6.0.2 gripes...
- From: Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:35:52 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
It might be that it is more Java related than Mathematica related. My 6.0.1 installation on my office desktop usually starts with a Java time-out message; starting the help centre takes a huge amount of time and causes all fans in my machine to run at maximum speed. This behavior started a couple of months ago, so I guess an update in the Java VM machine must have caused it, since I didn't change anything in Mathematica (I've also heard rumours of McAFee being involved). Usually, a restart (or two) of Mathematica overcomes the problems. On my home PCs there doesn't seem to be a problem (either 6.01. or 6.02). Naz