Re: Pi is not a real number?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86637] Re: Pi is not a real number?
- From: brtubb at pdmusic.org
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:44:17 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mar 15, 3:12=A0am, Sebastian Meznaric <mezna... at gmail.com> wrote: > Try this in Mathematica > RealDigits[\[Pi], 10, 3, -10^9] > > The answer you get: > RealDigits::realx: The value \[Pi] is not a real number. >> > > I am using 6.0.0. I'm using 188.8.131.52. Your third argument is invalid. The third argument should be the LENGTH of the number, to the BASE (10 in this case). As to using Pi, use N[Pi] to have it evaulated as a REAL number first. In otherwords try this instead: RealDigits[N[Pi].10,10^4] I can't go beyond 10^4 as a LENGTH, due to memory constraints, on my 1 GB of RAM sytem! Ben