Re: Pi is not a real number?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86634] Re: Pi is not a real number?
  • From: brtubb at pdmusic.org
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:43:44 -0500 (EST)

Please somewhat disregard my previous reply <g>, the restrictions on
the LENGTH of RealDigits' results are actually not greater than 16
before "Indeterminate" status results are returned. In the "extreme"
case of using such a value as 10^9, I gets

===>
General::ovfl: Overflow occurred in computation. >>

No more memory available.
Mathematica kernel has shut down.
Try quitting other applications and then retry.
<===

Benjamin Tubb