Re: Clearing selected variables

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg86630] Re: [mg86625] Clearing selected variables
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:42:59 -0500 (EST)

Create variables and make assignments

ToExpression[Table["x" <> ToString[n] <> " = 1", {n, 20}]];

exclusions = {"x5", "x9", "exclusions"};

Verifying that assignments have been made

Clear all assignments except variables in exclusions

ToExpression[# <> "=." & /@ Complement[Names["Global`*"], exclusions]];

Verifying that appropriate assignments have been cleared

Remove all variables except those in exclusions

  "Remove[" <> # <> "]" & /@ Complement[Names["Global`*"], exclusions]];

verifying that appropriate variables have been removed

Bob Hanlon