How to consider BrowserCategories in Version 6.0?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86684] How to consider BrowserCategories in Version 6.0?
  • From: "Dr. Robert Kragler" <kragler at hs-weingarten.de>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 04:50:27 -0500 (EST)

I want to embed supplementary Mathematica packages in Mathematica
version 6.0.x and want to include the BrowserCategories.m and
BrowserIndex.nb files in the Help system.

In version 5.2 I installed under the directory tree
Program Files > Wolfram Research > Mathematica > 5.2 > AddOns >
Applications >  (supplementary package eg. FuzzyLogic) > Documentation >
English > ( .m and .nb files such as BrowserCategories.m,
BrowserIndex.nb ...)
Then in the Help pulldown menu there is a button "Rebuild Help Index"
with the result that afterwards the additional information was
accessible in the Help menu under Help Browser > Add-ons & Links.

The same directory tree structure is present in version 6.0.x too.
Hence, I could insert in the subdirectory "Applications" -  or even
better in "ExtraPackages" - the supplementary packages  etc. I would
like to access in version 6.0 too.  However, what I cannot find is a
similar button which corresponds to "Rebuild Help Index" (as in version
5.2) to rebuild the Help Index.

My question is : how can I install an external  Mathematica package so
that the files BrowserCategories.m and BrowserIndex.nb will be
considered in version 6.0?

Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions.

     Prof. Dr. Robert Kragler
     Hochschule Ravensburg-Weingarten /
     Weingarten University of Applied Sciences
     Faculty Technology & Management
     Deputy Rector for Research & International Relations /
     P.O.B 1261, D-88241 Weingarten, Germany
     Phone:   +49 751 501-9539
     Fax:     +49 751 501-5-9539
     Email:   kragler at hs-weingarten.de