Re: Evaluation details

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg86756] Re: Evaluation details
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:54:41 -0500 (EST)

But the right hand side IS evaluated and when it sees x it looks for any
rules for x and finds the current definition. Should it behave this way? If
it didn't, then what about the delayed set?

x := x + 1

Now evaluating x gives the same recursion error.

Maybe you really want Increment or PreIncrement?

David Park
djmpark at

news:frqpsf$57r$1 at