Re: Saving Packages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86814] Re: Saving Packages
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:51:54 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the answers, everybody.
I googled this group in the past posts for info on package management,
but didnt find so much info - I'll have to dig deeper.

Your answers were of course right: setting the cells as init cells did
the right thing.

Yet I'd like to explain better what is my larger problem is:
to break down a big project in pieces, it is correct then to save big
chunks of code definitions as packages?
I'm asking because I'd like to still keep on modifying those packages,
as in a standard notebook. But opening the .m file brings up a
different interface, which although it seems useful (drop down boxes
with Functions and Sections - I'd like to have them in the notebook!)
it's not so clear to me if I'm losing something present in the
notebook interface.

What I'm doing now, thanks to your answers, is to work in the .nb
file, modify it as needed, select all cells and set them to init, and
save as .m file. Correct?

thank you!

alessandro