Re: Mathlink: How do I pass arbitrary data from Mathematica to C?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86934] Re: Mathlink: How do I pass arbitrary data from Mathematica to C?
  • From: Karen Bindash <KarenBindash at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:56:26 -0500 (EST)

I sent a post a few minutes ago in which I said the data might be a
binary file, I think I then gave the way I might read that as

BinaryReadList["filename.dat",Character8]

If I did (and I dont have a record of the post, which had not appeared
yet), then I was wrong. I should have used

BinaryReadList["filename.dat",Byte]

I think.

The point I need to get over is that the data format is not set in
stone, so I need a way of transfering an arbitrary collection of bytes