Re: Mathlink: How do I pass arbitrary data from Mathematica to C?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86934] Re: Mathlink: How do I pass arbitrary data from Mathematica to C?
- From: Karen Bindash <KarenBindash at googlemail.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:56:26 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I sent a post a few minutes ago in which I said the data might be a binary file, I think I then gave the way I might read that as BinaryReadList["filename.dat",Character8] If I did (and I dont have a record of the post, which had not appeared yet), then I was wrong. I should have used BinaryReadList["filename.dat",Byte] I think. The point I need to get over is that the data format is not set in stone, so I need a way of transfering an arbitrary collection of bytes