Colorfunction based upon flux direction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86931] Colorfunction based upon flux direction
  • From: ptk4m at virginia.edu
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:55:52 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I'm quite new at using Mathematica and I am attempting to assign
colors to vector field data (3d magnetic flux) using the
ListVectorFieldPlot3D function.  I would like to assign colors to the
vectors based upon the direction in which they point.  Hue gives me a
color based upon vector magnitude - is there a simple way to color
vectors based upon direction?

Thank you very much for your help.

Patrick Keith-Hynes
University of Virginia Physics