Re: Colorfunction based upon flux direction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86944] Re: Colorfunction based upon flux direction
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:15:47 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

what direction ? in 2d there is only one angle
and you can use the cyclic Hue[] color to draw
the scalar angle as direction but in 3d ??

Needs["VectorFieldPlots`"]
plt = ListVectorFieldPlot3D[
   Flatten[Table[{{i, j, k}, {i, 2 j, -k}}, {i, 0, 1, 0.1}, {j, 0, 1,
      0.1}, {k, 0, 1, 0.1}], 2], ScaleFactor -> 0.2]

and

Off[ArcTan::indet]
(plt /. Line[{p1_, p2_}] :> {Hue[ArcTan @@ Take[p2 - p1, 2]/(2 Pi)],
      Line[{p1, p2}]}) /. Hue[_Interval] :> Sequence[]

may give you an idea.

Regards
   Jens