Re: symbolic evaluation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87026] Re: symbolic evaluation
  • From: p3aul <web at handleys-r.us>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 04:24:25 -0500 (EST)

Thank you all for your answers, but they all result in Mathematica "solving" the equation and giving the answer 2, which is not what I need. What I need is for Mathematica to transpose the formula giving as out put x = 14/7. I beginning to believe that mathematica can't do it because the designer didn't put that capability in it. This must be a hard concept for a computer to do. It just seems simple to me. What's wrong with "out[1]= {{x -> 14/2}}" Which output I can't seem to get.
Paul:(