Re: submission of a new problem; NDSolve artifacts; version 6.0.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87014] Re: submission of a new problem; NDSolve artifacts; version 6.0.1
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 04:22:07 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Robert M. Lurie wrote: > I have been using NDSolve as used in > "Restricted Three-Body Problem in 3D" from The Wolfram Demonstrations > Project > http://demonstrations.wolfram.com/RestrictedThreeBodyProblemIn3D/ > Using Version 6.0.1, I have modified the demonstration to show the > classical planar, equal large masses (mu=1/2) cases as in Gass > "Mathematica for Scientists and Engineers: Using Mathematica to do Science" > Also see > http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/RestrictedThree-BodyProblem.html > Depending on the values, there will be lines emanating from points where > orbits cross. For example at tf (final time) of 45.3, the figure below > is shown. However at tf = 46 no such artifact is seen. > How can NDSolve be modified to eliminate these artifacts? > It is not possible to give an answer unless you tell us *exactly* how to reproduce the problem. Just post a single Mathematica command that reproduces the problem.