submission of a new problem; NDSolve artifacts; version 6.0.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86986] submission of a new problem; NDSolve artifacts; version 6.0.1
- From: "Robert M. Lurie" <RMLURIE at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 03:15:24 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: RMLURIE at ALUM.MIT.EDU
I have been using NDSolve as used in
"Restricted Three-Body Problem in 3D" from The Wolfram Demonstrations
Using Version 6.0.1, I have modified the demonstration to show the
classical planar, equal large masses (mu=1/2) cases as in Gass
"Mathematica for Scientists and Engineers: Using Mathematica to do Science"
Depending on the values, there will be lines emanating from points where
orbits cross. For example at tf (final time) of 45.3, the figure below
is shown. However at tf = 46 no such artifact is seen.
How can NDSolve be modified to eliminate these artifacts?
Prev by Date:
Re: Wrapping text to fit a rectangle
Next by Date:
Re: symbolic evaluation
Previous by thread:
Problem with FourierParameters
Next by thread:
Re: submission of a new problem; NDSolve artifacts; version 6.0.1