PlotLegend not working properly in my Mathematica 6

The PlotLegend option is not working in my Mathematica 6.0. I can't even run the codes provided in the Document center. I got similar errors when running my own codes.

Please take a look at the attached screenshot and help me. Thanks!

http://yangli.public.iastate.edu/PlotLegend.pdf