Filtering a list of list for certain elements that are neighbours

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88834] Filtering a list of list for certain elements that are neighbours
  • From: Steven Siew <stevensiew2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 07:34:18 -0400 (EDT)

I have a list of lists

mylist={{a,b,c},{a,c,b},{b,a,c},{b,c,a},{c,a,b},{c,b,a}}

I want to filter out all lists that have "a being a neighbor to b".

I am looking for the following result.

{{a,c,b},{b,c,a}}

For this toy example, I can probably do it by hand but my real problem
has 120 lists in a list. And I need to filter out various combination
of letters like "s cannot be next to d" , "s cannot be next to j" , "c
cannot be next to j" , "h cannot be next to d" and "h cannot be next
to s".