Re: An Elegant way of plotting the Pole-Zero diagram

Hi,

and

poles = {0.45 + I*0.45, -0.45 - I*0.45};
zeros = {1, -1};

Graphics[{{Dashing[Tiny], GrayLevel[0.25],
    Circle[{0, 0}, 1]}, {RGBColor[1, 0, 0],
    Text["\[Times]", {Re[#], Im[#]}] & /@ poles,
    Text["\[EmptyCircle]", {Re[#], Im[#]}] & /@ zeros}}, Axes -> True,
  AspectRatio -> 1