Re: Problems with ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88894] Re: Problems with ListPlot
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 06:53:40 -0400 (EDT)

igorvict at gmail.com wrote:
> I noticed the following problems when creating ListPlot in Mathematica 6
> (see the example):
>
> ListPlot[{0, 1, 2},
>  PlotMarkers -> Style["\[FilledCircle]", FontSize -> 12],
>  Joined -> True, GridLines -> Automatic,
>  PlotRange -> {{1, 3}, {0.5, 1.5}}, PlotRangeClipping -> False,
>  ImagePadding -> 10]
>

> 1) The plot markers have an offset slightly to the left from their
> correct position

Precise positioning is not really achievable when glyphs from a font are
used as plot markers.  The problem can be cured by using graphics objects:

PlotMarkers -> {Graphics[Circle[]], .05}

Or if you need disks as plot markers, then just use a larger point size.

> 2) In addition of 1 point and 1 line (2 other should be clipped as
> they lie outside of the range) I see 2 points, where the line crosses
> the lower and upper edges of the plot.

I don't really understand this second question ...