Re: RenderBadPicture error while running
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88888] Re: RenderBadPicture error while running
- From: Suman Chakrabarty <chakrabarty.suman at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 06:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On May 17, 11:29 pm, Chris Hill <ch... at wolfram.com> wrote: > Kishan and Peter, > > Setting the environment variable XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS to 1 before > starting Mathematica may correct this problem. > > env XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1 mathematica ********* Yes, it works. But the displayed fonts are very ugly, often difficult to see. Is there any aesthetically better permanent solution? Which changes are causing this problem in latest distros?