URL button on Documentation Center pages

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88904] URL button on Documentation Center pages
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 14:47:56 -0400 (EDT)

I just noticed the URL button at the top right corner of Mathematica
6.0.2 Documentation Center pages.  Is this new in 6.0.2?  I hadn't
noticed it before.

Also, what is the use of the first entry in the 4-item drop-down menu
that results from clicking the URL button?  This entry is the same as
what appears in the search bar above the actual page.

(By contrast, the 2nd entry, "Copy url", is a minor time saver:  With
two clicks, one on "URL", the second on that "Copy url" entry, one has
the page's URL on the clipboard.  This is definitely faster, at least
for me, than moving the mouse into the search bar, selecting the entire
entry there, and then using the usual key combination to copy it.)

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305