Export graphics to ascii file

Hi there,
             I made a 2D plot of a certain function with Mathematica
and I was wondering how to export the plot in ascii format in a simple
text file. I want to use some other WYSIWYG software to plot my curves
more neatly.

I know that Mathematica can do this with all the command lines but hey
this is my personal preference. I don't like the command line
arguments that much.

Thanks for any suggestions.
--
Cheers,