Re: Range of Use of Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg30] Re: Range of Use of Mathematica
  • From: AES <siegman at>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 02:05:18 -0400 (EDT)

In article <g18hqe$khq$1 at>,
 David Bailey <dave at> wrote:

> > I'll point out that we also offer seminars on a variety of topics that
> > are free, except for an hour or so of your time.  You can find more
> > information at
> >
> > Brett Champion
> > Wolfram Research
> >
> Brett,
> Do you offer video versions of these seminars so that we can watch them
> at a convenient time?
> David Bailey

Brent and David,

Not to be snippy here --- or maybe the honest phrasing is, "to _be_
snippy about snipping" --- but have neither of you ever encountered the
concept of snipping out the irrelevant portions of a message to which
you are responding?

In the present instance at least, readers had to page down through three
to four _screenfuls_ of essentially irrelevant quotes in Brett's
original posting in order to get to _three lines_ of actual information,
and then do this once again in David's reply to get to his _two lines_
of further response?

Doesn't your newsreader make it easy to do that?