Re: message: can' find notebook, but it does...
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg89105] Re: message: can' find notebook, but it does...
- From: Jerry <Jer75811 at yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 01:28:14 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Jens, thanks for responding. No, I only have one HD on this system, no network. All files are in the same folder but the new ones (after ? date) give the error message. Weird. Jens-Peer Kuska wrote: > Hi, > > this happens when your notebook is saved on a net-work mapped > drive ? > > Regards > Jens > > Jerry wrote: >> All of a sudden, when I save a new notebook to the usual >> directory and later try to reopen it, I get a beep and the >> message: >> >> The file you tried to open was not found or could not be opened. >> >> When I click "OK" -- my only option, the file opens with no >> problem. Older files in the same directory open up without >> this complication. >> >> This is just a nuisance but I'd sure like to know what is >> going on -- it may get worse. >> >> I'm running V6.02 under XP. >> >> Any clues greatly appreciated. >> >