Re: How to programmatically rewrite (x + y/z) as (xz+ y)/z ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg89173] Re: How to programmatically rewrite (x + y/z) as (xz+ y)/z ?
- From: "AngleWyrm" <anglewyrm_nospamthanks at yahoo.com>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 04:44:45 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
"TuesdayShopping" <TuesdayShopping at yahoo.com> wrote in message news:g1gqk6$1g1$1 at smc.vnet.net... > Given "(x + y/z)" as input, how do I get the same expression in the form > of "(xz+ y)/z". Need a general goal to act on a general case: Change the form of a polynomial, so that the GCD is 1. Example: (x/3 + y/4); Greatest Common Divisor is 3*4=12, so multiply through and append division ( 12x/3 + 12y/4 )/12 ( 4x + 3y )/12