Re: Soundnote, musical instruments playing at arbitrary

The SECOND argument is the time duration, and that can indeed be an
arbitrary real number.  For example:

   SoundNote["A", 2.25, "Violin"]

I presume what you really meant is to vary the FIRST argument to get a
different pitch.  But the legal values, when not being specified by a
named pitch, seem to be constrained only to integral numbers of
semitones from middle C, positive or negative.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305