Exporting the output of GraphPlot

Hi,
     Is there a way to get the output of GraphPlot/GraphPlot3D as
(x,y,z) coordinates? I want to use the output as the basis for
ContourPlot3D.
    The input is a 3 connected graph - it is distorted flat lattice
with bumps. The 'spring' algorithms in GraphPlot3D give a pretty
decent representation. But I really need a contour plot on top of this
'mesh'. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Abhishek