Re: I can't evaluate cells in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93267] Re: I can't evaluate cells in Mathematica
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 05:12:46 -0500 (EST)

Hi Martin,

> While I was using Mathematica shift+enter command for cell evaluation suddenly stopped
> working. I tried "evaluate cell" command from the menu, but it doesn't work either.
> Does anyone know what could be wrong?

The information you give is not enough to really understand what's
wrong, so you will get some wild guesses about what could be the problem.

Here is mine:

for some reason you probably can get a license for the frontend but not
for the kernel. I have seen this happen for network licenses and at
least for version 5 the behavior was exactly as you describe. So if your
license comes from a server, you might want to check that there are free
kernel licenses available...

hth,

albert