Re: How to reverse Enter and Shift-Enter
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg93281] Re: How to reverse Enter and Shift-Enter
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 01:57:24 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
stpatryck wrote: > Hello Fellow Mathematica Users, > > I was wondering if there was a way to make Mathematica evaluate when > hitting Enter alone, and make the cursor go to the next line without > evaluating using Shift-Enter. > You can do this by editing the C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica\6.0\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\TextResources\Windows\KeyEventTranslations.tr file (or the corresponding file on your system). Just make a back up before you modify the file and do not put any extra files in that directory. > Wouldn't that be easier, since we evaluate more often than go to the > next line? No, it would be inconvenient for me. I often use long input expressions, and break them into lines manually to make them more readable. (E.g. think about Module.) Also note that you can use the keypad enter key to evaluate cells.