Re: How to export a lot of different plots?

On Nov 13, 2008, at 2:03 AM, yiping.boston at gmail.com wrote:

> I need to generates a lot of plots, but I don't know are there any
> convenient ways to output my plot with different file names, such as
> plot001.jpg.
> Can I just out put the plot with Export["f[i].jpg"] with the loop
> index i? It seems that I can't run the label in the export file name.
> The loop doesn't recognize the index i , and treat it as a letter.

If your loop index is i, try

Export["filename"<>ToString[i + 1000]<>".jpg"]

Adding 1000 (or even something bigger) to the index prevents the
operating system and other apps from reordering your files by
putting, say, "filename12.jpg" before "filename2.jpg".

--Lou Talman
  Metropolitan State College of Denver

  <http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Etalmanl>