Re: Working with vectors symbolically

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg93609] Re: Working with vectors symbolically
  • From: yatesd at
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:19:33 -0500 (EST)

You are not the first who has tried to figure this out. I had a
relatively simple problem to solve, and so defined my vectors in terms
of co-ordinates. The problem was simple enough that I could guess the
answer by looking at the component solution Mathematica worked out.
There is a package that was written by Hong Qin. I have glanced at it,
but never used it. Is is available at
The package appears to know many of the usual vector rules. It
certainly would be nice if Wolfram added this functionality in a
future release.