Re: Mathematica 7 is now available

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93644] Re: Mathematica 7 is now available
  • From: Szabolcs <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 04:55:39 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I would like to know if the two bugs mentioned here (and in other
messages) are still present in 7.0:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica/browse_frm/thread/265f5619682b67e/0188372330785945

I'd also be curious about the performance (especially memory use) of
the graphics system.  In version 6, ListDensityPlot could use up an
enormous amount of memory when high order interpolation was turned on
(much much more memory than the size of the final graphic that was
generated).

Finally I'd like to say that, though this might seem like a very minor
point compared to the other new features, I appreciate the addition of
line cap and join controls very much (CapForm, JoinForm).  Those very
sorely missed in v6!