Re: ListPlot w/ Dynamic[] choice of external data files

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93675] Re: ListPlot w/ Dynamic[] choice of external data files
  • From: Andreas <aagas at ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 05:34:11 -0500 (EST)

I made some progress on this:

Dynamic[Flatten[Import[Dynamic[z], "Table"]]]

z = "C:\...\series1.txt"
______

Panel[
 Grid[
  {{Dynamic[
     ListPlot[{Flatten[Import[z, "Table"]], baseline(*a preset list*)}]]},
   {FileNameSetter[z]}}
  ]
 ]
____________

In a separate cell I have another control:

FileNameSetter[z]

Curiously, the FileNameSetter[] in the Grid which in turn sits in the Panel allows me to select a different series#.txt file but z doesn't update.

But the stand alone FileNameSetter[z] does change the value of z and the chart changes dynamically.

So my problem has changed a bit (Does this merit a new topic?  Moderator - please advise.)

How do I get the FileNameSetter[] control inside the panel to reset z?

Note: I've also tried wrapping Dynamic[] around the whole Panel like this:

Dynamic[
 Panel[
  Grid[
   {{ListPlot[{Flatten[Import[z, "Table"]], baseline}]     },
    {FileNameSetter[z]}}
   ]
  ]
 ]