Stylesheet question

I have a Stylesheet that is derived from the JournalArticle SS. In it I
have defined the fonts for both Input and Output cells to be "Times New
Roman". However, these both show up in that ugliest of all fonts
"Courier New". When I check the SS it does indeed indicate that it
should be in Times. I suspect that this involves one of the stylesheets
that JournalArticle inherits from. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin

BTW, long ago there was a tutorial promised by Wolfram -  "StyleSheets
for Dummies" (my words). Is such a thing in preparation?