Re: A query regarding polytope's faces and vertices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93836] Re: A query regarding polytope's faces and vertices
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:23:25 -0500 (EST)

Hi Nilesh,

your question is not clear, what do you want to generalize?

Every linear equation defines a (hyper) surface. Every inequality a

correponding half-space. Several inequalities define a polytop (this is

a bit sloppy, because a polytope should be closed). Every inequality you

add means an intersection of what you already have and the new

half-space, giving either a smaller polytop, the same polytop, or an

empty set.

Daniel