In V7, is it possible to parallelize DensityPlot?

It seems that DensityPlot is a natural candiate for parallelization,
but my experiments in Mathematica V7 all result in the warning "...
cannot be parallelized; proceeding with sequential evaluation". Is
this capability just not yet implemented, or is there a trick to get
multiple pixels to be evaluated in parallel?