Re: In V7, is it possible to parallelize DensityPlot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93919] Re: In V7, is it possible to parallelize DensityPlot?
  • From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 05:10:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

sincs version 6. Mathematica uses an adaptive mesh for the density plot
and there are *no* in the plot. Only triangles as to see from:

DensityPlot[Sin[x*y], {x, -Pi, Pi}, {y, -Pi, Pi}, Mesh -> All]

and since the mesh subdivision seems to be a global operation it
would be very hard to parallelize it.

The final rendering is done by the graphics card and since it is a IO
operation it can't be parallel outside of the graphics card.

Regards
   Jens