Re: EigenSystem fails to converge

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg93897] Re: EigenSystem fails to converge
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 05:06:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi Adel,

from the Help in version 7 under "Possible Issues":

"You can use method options with Method -> {Arnoldi, opts} to \

increase the basis size or the maximum number of iterations, reduce \

the tolerance, or use an estimate as a shift, any of which may help."

"You can give the algorithm a shift near the expected value to speed up

{vals, vecs} =

  Eigensystem[s, 3, Method -> {"Arnoldi", Shift -> -4}]; ListPlot[vecs,

   PlotLabel -> vals]"

hope this helps, Daniel