Re: could not get Simplified form
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg92546] Re: could not get Simplified form
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 06:17:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
Obaid Rehman wrote: > Latest problem that I have faced is the following. I have done some > symbolic computation and use "ReplaceAll" command to assign each > variable (Except "DS") to a certain numerical value. The result should > be a single value with DS but I got the following result. You can notice > that answer could not be in simplified form. I have already used > Simplify and FullSimplify but that doesn't work as well. > > DS (194.424 +0.00920267 0.211002.1.44488+9.86337=D710-21 > 0.390389.(-5.57734=D71012)) > > In the brackets some time numbers are separated by dot and some time > not. Also, what does it mean (two dots). 0.211002.1.44488? > > Please solve this puzzle You should post the expression and the replacement rules you used (before evaluation), preferably in *InputForm* . Regards, - Jean-Marc  Select the cell(s) you want to include in your email, then within the *Cell* menu select either *Convert To* or *Display As* and choose *InputForm*. Finally, copy and paste as usual.